Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wedding Kaleidoscope

There have been a bunch of fun kaleidoscope quilts up lately, so even though I've never made a true kaleidoscope quilt,  I thought I'd post this quilted wall hanging I made for my sister and her husband after they got married.   They got married in 2004, but I probably made the quilt in 2005 or 2006.  I can't believe how long it's been!  The instructions came from an old Quilter's Newsletter, but I couldn't find which issue.

Basically, you print out 4 copies of a photograph of interest (on the inkjet printer fabric) and 4 copies of the same photograph reversed.  Then make a triangular template the size of 1/8 of an octagon and line it up on the same spot on each photograph.  Cut, sew, add borders, quilt, bind as always.  It makes for a really fun twist on the traditional photo quilt. My sister says many people don't even realize it's their wedding picture, most just think it's a cool kaleidoscope-type hanging.




Wasn't she a beautiful bride!

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment: