Wednesday, December 5, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I haven't had a terribly productive sewing week, but I have one tiny finish:  this Christmas tree skirt for my work Christmas tree.  Sadly I didn't get any pictures of it before I took it to work, so they're all taken in the ugly fluorescent light.  Basically, I just made a case out of the large satiny piece of white fabric that came in my yummy box from Spontaneous Threads  and then FMQed with random fillers all over it.  No batting or anything, but the thread is lime green which goes nicely with my bright pink tree.  I can't put out my wonderful tree skirt at home until right before our Christmas celebration since the dogs carry it out into the back yard and try to nest in it, but at least I have this simple one at work now.




Progress this week:

I had good forward movement on the memory quilt, I made one block for my crochet afghan (slowly slowly with this one it seems), and did make a bit of progress on secret Christmas presents.


No progress this week, UFOs/WIPs/Things I have supplies and plans to make

Finish 12th Night Costumes (Must finish this within next week)
Fix corner blocks and put crystals on Spring in October (Must finish this by Christmas)
Secret Christmas Projects (Obviously must finish these by Christmas)
Next Art Quilt (Going to be an entry in SAQA text messages and the MQS fabric challenge, in the initial design stages)
Snowflake Christmas table runner  (this may just be the Christmas project that doesn't get done for this year)
Dog Quilt
English Paper Piecing Mini
Thanksgiving Quilt (I'm probably going to try some quilt as you go on this.  Someday. right now it's a sandwich on the shelf)
Sun Printing/Cyanotype Blocks
Anna Butterfly Blocks
Bobbin Quilting
Quail Screen Printing
Crochet Something with the beautiful yarn I brought from Germany  (I'd love to do a bolero shrug thing but I'm not sure I have enough, and in any case one crochet project at a time)
Boxy Bag (this has been on my wish list for a long time)
Frame Purse

Linking up with the fabulous Lee!




2 comments:

  1. so festive! i love that you have a tree at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Nativity quilt- I've been reading other entries on your blog. That quilt is just amazing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete