Monday, June 10, 2013

Charity Quilt for Tornado Victims

The OKC Modern Quilt Guild is gathering quilts to give to Tornado victims in their "Moore Love" drive.  The devastation here is enormous and if you can, I encourage you to participate.

OKC Modern Quilt Guild


I decided to make a quilt using Jeni's large star tutorial.  After sewing it all together I realized it's been a long time since I made a quilt that big (it's 72" square).  It's a good thing I didn't plan a king sized bed quilt!  I love the colors, pink and green always make me thing of watermelon, and I hope that it makes someone feel cozy and remembered.





2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I'll be sending some quilts soon along with some other members of the Austin Modern Quilt Guild :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Shannon! I have a quilt on my to-do list. I guess I should get started soon so I can make the deadline!

    ReplyDelete