Monday, October 27, 2014

Halloween 2014

So IQF Houston always seems to fall over Halloween and last year you may remember that my mom and I dressed up as Snow White and Grumpy at the quilt show.  We aren't dressing up at the quilt show this year but some good friends of mine dressed up as Bajorans and hosted a party called Deep Spook Nine: Keeping up with the Cardassians.  With a clever title like that, I couldn't be anything but a Starfleet officer.  My favorite iteration has always been The Next Generation (swoon Patrick Stewart).  Given how terrible I look in a jumpsuit, I elected to make a version of Troi's skant uniform.  Given it's shortness I'm opting for the look with leggings.

Not perfect, but I think it definitely reads as "Starfleet" and it's certainly a pretty comfy costume!



I blend pretty well apart from the silly grin.

And here are a few of us at the party, loosely representing TNG, DS9, and TOS.  Too bad I look ridiculous with my eyes closed.



Happy Halloween everybody!  I hope you have a great time!

4 comments:

  1. Haha!! That's awesome. My daughter and I are supremely jealous. :) You don't look ridiculous in the least, and the Bridge pic is TOO STINKIN' FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great costume! I would have loved to have seen you at IGF in a costume--I went ages ago and no one dressed up unless you count the quilter who had made a vest out of all of her Quilt Festival bags, handles dangling around the hips (yes, she left the handles on).

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. I love the photoshopped picture, you fit in so well that I didn't even see you there for a while. Once I did, I had a good giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had fun. I now know who will be purchasing the Star Trek fabric line that is coming out this year.

    ReplyDelete