Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Ornaments

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday and that as many of you as possible are enjoying some time off to be creative!!

The last few years I've made Christmas ornaments for my friends, and this year I did two separate batches.  The first were done using my embroidery machine.  There are so many cute embroidery patterns and I hardly ever use  my embroidery set up, so I had some fun making these.  Luckily the stitch outs went fine and my machine ran smoothly.  I think my tension is still off, but since I matched the bobbin and top thread it isn't too obvious.  The pattern is from urban threads (my favorite).  To give you an idea of scale, they're about 2.5-3" wide.










These next ones are hand embroidered and beaded.  I've been on a chi-rho kick lately  (I did several ornaments with that symbol this year), I think as a result of just finishing a really superb podcast on the history of the Roman empire.  You should definitely check it out, it's fabulous to listen to in the car or while sewing.  I did most of the beading/embroidery in the car, and they're about 4" across.  











I really had a great time making all of these, and I hope my friends like them!




1 comment:

  1. These are so beautiful! I'm sure your friends were thrilled to get them.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete