1. I like embroidery. This is one of my current favorite embroidery blogs. I don't speak French, but it's amazing work and lots of fabulous dimensional eye candy. http://www.facilececile.com/archives/2017/05/25/35315257.html
2. I like wildflowers! Most of the campus where I work has lovely if somewhat ordinary landscaping but last week, as part of my committee work, I was doing facility inspections in a different part of campus than I usually visit. I came across this delightful field of wildflowers. You can't really tell in the picture, but there were lots (probably twenty or so) different varieties, and all blooming in different colors. What a lovely surprise!
3. I like fruit! This one is obvious, but I was just so excited to see all the blackberries on my blackberry bush! They're not ripe yet, but hopefully soon!
4. I like birds! They still all fly away really fast if I try to take a picture of them at the feeder, but I love hearing them. I keep thinking I should make an audio recording at least. This poor guy accidentally got trapped in my building overnight last week. I felt really terrible, by the time I found him the next day he was clearly exhausted from trying to get out a (glass) window, but luckily I was able to catch him in an empty pitcher and take him back outside. He was flying all over the building and flew right away when I got him outside, so I don't think he was injured and I hope he's ok!
5. I like quilting! This week I've been quilting away on a portrait of me and my dad I'm working on. It was going well, lots of changes in thread color, but then my machine started shredding thread unexpectedly so I put it in time out. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but sometimes I find I have more patience if I come back a couple days later.
Thanks as always to LeeAnna for hosting, and have a great week!